Engage! is dedicating it’s space on the web to highlight one cause, and this time it’s Detention Watch Network’s campaign to end family detention, to end the rape and abuse of women and children in immigrant detention centers, to demand justice for the “disappearance” of 1500 children under DHS custody…this brutality and injustice is an ethnic cleansing of migrant Latinos from the US.
The practice of family detention was escalated under the Obama Administration in 2014, and continues with increasing brutality under Trump’s overt policy of white supremacy targeting migrant families.
Detention Watch Network is a coalition of international, national, regional and local organizations working to protect and defend immigrants and refugees from detention and deportation, to advocate for families and children in DHS/ICE custody and detention centers, to end US policies of ethnic cleansing under the Obama and Trump administrations and enact protective immigration policies.
Border Rights for Refugees
A free multilingual guide for non-U.S. citizens coming to Canada from the U.S. to make a refugee claim.
Share widely: https://noii-van.resist.ca/?p=6487
DWN Membership Directory
DWN’s national member community
Detention Watch Network (DWN) members are working at the national, regional and local levels to fight against detention and deportation, while advocating for humane and just immigration policies.
Network members include formerly detained people and their families, community and faith-based groups, legal service providers, lawyers, national and regional advocates and organizers, and law school clinics.
Learn more about our diverse organizational membership.
- ACLU Immigrants’ Rights Project
- ACLU National Prison Project
- Alianza Americas
- American Friends Service Committee
- American Immigration Council
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Americans for Immigrant Justice
- Catholic Legal Immigration Network
- Center for Constitutional Rights
- Community Initiatives for Visiting Immigrants in Confinement
- Community to Community Development
- Friends Committee on National Legislation
- Human Rights First
- Immigrant Defense Project
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- Interfaith Immigration Coalition
- Justice Strategies
- Just Detention International
- La Red, PICO National Network
- Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service
- National Immigrant Justice Center
- National Immigration Law Center
- National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild
- National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health
- National Religious Campaign Against Torture
- Opportunity Agenda
- Sisters of Mercy of the Americas
- Southeast Asia Resource Action Center
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- Women’s Refugee Commission